Peyton's Pest Prevention - BIG COMPANY SERVICE! SMALL COMPANY PRICES!
RSS

Season of Water
Welcome
powered by

My Blog

BUG PROOFING YOUR HOME

BUG PROOFING TIPS

Here are a few tips to keep them at bay:

* Eliminate their food supply, including water.
- Clean up excess and spilled pet food daily.
- Remove crumbs from behind stove and between cabinets with a vacuum hose.
- Wash dishes immediately.
- Keep leftovers in tightly sealed containers.
- Take trash out nightly in tightly sealed receptacles.
- Fix leaking pipes.
- Drain sinks, since standing water will attract thirsty roaches.
- Keep all drains plugged when not in use.

* Seal all cracks and gaps in your home’s exterior.
- Caulk around cracks in water pipes.
- Screen vents in attics and crawlspaces.
- Use fine-mesh screening and duct tape to seal off holes around your home.

* Add weather stripping to doors, and clear caulk to seal the joint where the doorframe meets the wall.
* Install a sturdy aluminum threshold under your door. Add a door sweep to close the gap even tighter.
* Keep trees near your house well-trimmed. Branches and leaves make a perfect bridge to the inside of your home for bugs.

*Remove all natural pest and rodent habitats within 10 feet of your home, including tall grass, foliage, piles of straw and/or leaves, wooden crates and patio rugs.

8 Comments to BUG PROOFING YOUR HOME:

Comments RSS
Barclays Magento Module on Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:57 PM
Thanks for all those tips, I always wondered what to do to combat the bug invasion.
Reply to comment

Peyton's Pest Prevention on Thursday, October 25, 2012 4:15 PM
Thank you for commenting on one of my blogs. I am pleased that the information was helpful and I hope that you check back in the future for more helpful information. I am always ope for suggestions as well. So if there are any topics that I could cover for you , within my field of General Household Pest, then please let me know.
Reply to comment

modernsteeldoors on Thursday, April 04, 2013 1:57 AM
After reading out your blog i have come to know about door farm which i have liked so, i want to make same as your door farm and want to decorate my house. I will come to you to know more about you...
Reply to comment

modern on Thursday, April 04, 2013 2:17 AM
This is a handy information which will be most useful to me because i wanted to know more about this. I will come to you to get your system of of door setup. I will follow your discussion for improving my house.
Reply to comment

pest specialists on Saturday, October 05, 2013 2:13 AM
I must say that overall I am really impressed with this blog.It is easy to see that you are impassioned about your writing.
Reply to comment

Arizona Pest Control on Saturday, October 05, 2013 2:13 AM
This is a real scoop for everybody. This is an interesting blog page. I do hope you could do some more post. Good job!
Reply to comment

Nifty Tips Povider on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:51 AM
Really such a wonderful post with amazing content. I read your whole post and i realize it is better then your niche sites....
Reply to comment

Termite treatment Brisbane on Thursday, April 02, 2015 6:24 AM
Oh my God I was unaware of the facts you mentioned in your article. It is so helpful that I am sure everyone will praise you for sharing this information. Wonderful work.Thanks
Reply to comment